Rambling travelogs from a world traveler

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Fox Den III.... The Foxening......

  "One of the biggest lies in the world is that crime doesn't pay.  Of course, crime pays." ~ Gordon Liddy

Gentle Readers and Love Ones,

So… I reset the game cam clock and went back out two days ago just before sunset.  Ann and I bungied the cam back to the handy buckthorn bush that over looks the main fox den hole, turned it on and let it run for two days.

This time, I had it set to take short video clips.  I was surprised by the results

Unlike NBC, CBS or CNN or any of the other BS’s, I’m telling you this up front.  I’ve changed around the chronological order of how these videos came to be to tell a dramatic story.  Ok, kinda, sorta dramatic?

This is actually the last video the cam took before Ann and I picked it up to day.   


 

It appears that the famous dictum about life in nature being, “Brutish, nasty and short” has some truth.  The Fox Den has any number of sneaky visitors in the night. 

First, whooda thunk it?  Racoons ripping off the Foxes?



Then a coyote sticks his nose in.

 
 
At the end, another couple of fox videos.

 
 

It has been above freezing for the last two days.  Ann and I have to slog out across the lake to fetch the game cam. Today, the lake was about a foot of solid ice under a layer of ice mush with snow layered over that.  (Yesterday, it rained and then snowed....)  We trudged through slush to go get the cam today.  It's supposed to freeze hard next week, so Ann and I plan to put the camera back up tomorrow and try for more video. 

Sooner or later, though, I'm gonna have to go back to the neighbor and ask permission to walk through their backyard to put the camera out because it won't be safe any longer to cross the ice....

On that happy note, I remain,

Dad/Geoff
 





No comments: