Rambling travelogs from a world traveler

Friday, March 4, 2022

Fox Den II

  "Death is just nature's way of telling you that you're in the wrong line of work."  

                                                                               "Juggernaut"   (Old Movie)

Friends and Loved Ones,

So...I dug my old inexpensive entry level game cam out of storage, cleaned it up and put it out on the newly discovered Fox Den yesterday afternoon.  The batteries were dead and I didn't reset the time so don't hang your hat on the time stamps.  Also, these are all after dark, so they are black and white images in the infrared.  Please remember you can click on the pictures to make them bigger.

In any case, I got some fairly interesting pictures to include a series of a rabbit who chose poorly.

First, the Fox makes xher appearance....


Then the rabbit chooses poorly....







Ann and I surmise, with little knowledge to back it up, that this is a stick the fox is using to build the den better.  Xhe is probably getting ready for breeding season?


Then there is a stately picture of foxy dignity.

And finally, the fox bids you goodbye.


I'm going to spend a little more time with game cam and figure out how to use it better.  Maybe get some videos.  Certainly I'll correct the time stamp.

On that happy note, I remain, 

Dad/Geoff


Yes, I wrote "xher" and "xhe".  I have no idea of the actual gender of the fox, nor what xhe identifies as.  There is no sign on the den stating pronouns.  You may surmise as you will whether I intend this to be tongue in cheek or not......



No comments: