Rambling travelogs from a world traveler

Friday, March 27, 2009

Redoubt Redux

Esteemed readers,

I have recently published two posts, here and here, about Alaska's Mt Redoubt.

It finally erupted last weekend. Flight are being rerouted around the ash plume.

I have had vacation for the last week so I do not have any pictures to share. On the other, the Alaska Volcano Observatory (AVO) maintains a wonderful website that has some striking pictures. I highly recommend that you click that link and look through the pictures. Fascinating stuff. For sure, please click this picture. It was taken by a satellite over Asia and is pretty cool.

I go back to work early Sunday morning, Mar 29th, operating from Chicago's O'Hare International up to Anchorage. We may or may not actually make it to Anchorage depending on if there is an ash plume and where it is. Some flights have been diverted to Fairbanks, Alaska.

If something interesting happens, I will tell you all about it.

I remain,

Dad / Geoff

No comments: