Rambling travelogs from a world traveler

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Rowdy is Gone

  "Death isn't failure.  Not living is." ~ Dr. Bernie S. Siegel

 


We lost Rowdy this year.  I've been putting off blogging about it because, quite frankly, it hurts.  He was way too young.  At the age of six doggie years, he developed Splenic Cancer and Ann and I put him down at Pilot Knob Animal Hospital.  This happened back in June.

I wrote about him all through the last 8 years or so of this blog. Training him was my retirement hobby. I would say it was a vast success for both he and I.

Rowdy lived every day of his short life with the gusto and verve that Field Dogs bring to everything they do. He was a truly great Gun Doodle and lived to find birds.  

I miss him every day.  

On that most unhappy note, I remain, 

Dad/Geoff

No comments: